More YouTube news, this time it’s the introduction of paid-for subscriptions to channels.
In the announcement they talk about the launch of 53 trial channels. Many, as you would expect are US-based, but there is some UK content and quite a bit of kids content too.
The kids channels include:
- Baby First Plus – £1.49/month
- DHX Kids TV UK – £2.49/month
- DHX Retro – £2.49/month
- DHX Junior TV – £2.49/month
- Franklin – £1.49/month
- Jim Henson Family TV – US Only
- National Geographic Kids – US Only
- Treehouse Direct – £2.49/month
It’s an interesting expansion for DHX, who are launching channels in multiple territories. It will also be interesting to see if some of the traditional children’s broadcasters launch channels too.
Meanwhile the Fun Kids YouTube channel continues to be free for everyone!